Capitol Region Education Council is excited to provide parents a convenient, easy and secure online prepayment service to deposit money into your child’s school meal account at any time. This service also provides parents the ability to view your child’s account balance through a web site called www.MySchoolBucks.com.
Also, parents will have the ability to print out a copy of their child’s meal history report. This history report will show you all dates and times that your child has made a purchase at breakfast and/or lunch within the past ninety days. Low balance alerts and automatic/scheduled payments can also be set up. More features are possible in the future.
To access these services:
1. Use the internet to access www.MySchoolBucks.com
2. From this site you will create your account and add money to your child’s school meal account. Select the State (Connecticut) and then select the District. Always select Capitol Region Education Council as the District. Fill in all the required personal contact information on the next screen. You will then need to enter your child’s school, name, and student ID number. The instructions listed on page 2 will guide you through the easy online account set up process, and a link to the detailed instruction manual is provided for reference.
- If you have more than one child in a Capitol Region Education Council school listed on page 2, you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
- Payments may be made with a major credit card, debit card, or E-check.
- In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee of $1.95 for each deposit transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.95 fee once per deposit transaction. Capitol Region Education Council will not profit from the use of this site. Please note the fees are subject to change.
- To offset the cost of this convenience fee, on a limited basis, Capitol Region Education Council will provide one FREE meal for your son or daughter for every $50 minimum transaction you put on their account that is in positive standing. For example, a purchase of $50 dollars will be charged a convenience fee of $1.95, but in return you will receive one free meal valued at an amount even higher than the fee if the account was positive at the time of the transaction. Please note that this bonus meal feature is limited to 5 bonus meals per year per account, and may be discontinued at our discretion.
We are very excited to offer these services and are confident this new system will benefit you, your child and our District. However, if you choose not to take advantage of the online prepayment service you may continue to make advance payments via check, which should be made payable to the CREC. Please write your child’s full name on the check. Cash is also accepted, but should be in a sealed envelope with your child’s name and room.