Discovery Academy focuses on developing strong foundational knowledge for students in four interrelated domains of STEM literacy: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Students learn by conducting investigations, gathering and using information, and solving problems with scientific ways of thinking and technology as tools. Engaging children in these practices helps them to develop a deep understanding of the world around them.
Check out our PTO's new website!
Upcoming Dates To Remember:
- September 28 - PTO Paint Night (6:30-8:30 pm) Register in advance by using the PTO's website linked above.
- September 30 - Spirit Day - Grade Level Color Day
- Pre-K - Yellow
- K - Red
- 1st - Purple
- 2nd - Green
- 3rd - Blue
- 4th - Orange
- 5th - Multicolor/tie dye/print (our 5th graders represent every grade and color from Discovery since it is their last year here!
- October 5 - EARLY DISMISSAL at 12:00 PM (Teacher Professional Development)
- October 6 - Curriculum Night (Time TBD)
- October 10 - NO SCHOOL (Columbus Day)
- October 12 - PTO Meeting (6:00-7:00 pm)
- October 25 - Picture Retake Day
- October 27 - Spirit Day - Dress up like your favorite character
- October 28 - NO SCHOOL (Teacher PD)
- October 30 - Jamie's Run http://www.jamiesrun.org