Metropolitan Learning Center for Global & International Studies
The only public 6-12 International Baccalaureate (IB) World School in Connecticut!
Summer Reading 2016!
Hello MLC parents and students,
Although students are going home with information about summer reading, we are posting everything that you will need to know about MLC's summer reading program here as well. After reviewing the following materials, if you have any questions at all about summer reading -- or would like recommendations for your children! -- please email Emily Wright, MYP Coordinator, at email@example.com or Suzanne Artis, school librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MLC Summer Reading 2016 information letter
- Summer reading log
- Grades 5-6 book suggestions
- Grades 7-8 book suggestions
- Grades 9-12 book suggestions
- Additional links to book lists
- Tips on how to support students' reading at home
- A caring and committed faculty
- An International Baccalaureate education, from start to finish
- Global contexts and concepts that frame every class, every year
- Be engaged citizens of their worlds: school, local, national, international
- Serve their communities while exploring what matters to them
- Inquire about and understand the world through many perspectives, including their own.